Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Gathering

So I have been lying low in terms of my community service after moving back to Cebu. My community service in Manila through SFC has always been a very pivotal part of my spiritual growth but now, it seems I have belong to nothing.

Thankfully, I am still nourish my spiritual being through personal quiet times with the Lord, lot of inspirational reading, a seasonal attendance to The Feast and weekly event called "The Gathering".

"The Gathering" TG as it suggest is a gathering of Christians united in Jesus name and believe in the Holy Spirit and the glory of God. Irregardless of religious upbringing, we are all trying to be faithful Christians. Everyone is welcome. This is in our workplace, that happens every Thursday lunch break.

I have heard of this while I was still in Manila but had never participated because of my  flexible schedule shifting. When I transferred here, it took me quiet few months before joining merely because, I am shy. It was the ever-friendly Val whom for just a short period of time, I became friends with who took me to my first TG.

From then on, I have been a regular attendee. I attended the 1st year anniversary celebration and through the course of time, I have gained new friends and brought new people to TG too. I even have shared in front once and if asked again, I'd still say yes.

Last week, the sharer had us memorizing 4 basic bible verses. They are crucial bible verses, crucial for my faith as Christians. Now this post, with all honesty is to test myself that after 6 days, I'm still able to say those verses and guess what (no copying or pasting happened here) I am still able to say those verses.

You might as well try memorizing below bible verses and let me know if you've taken them to your heart.

Romans 5:8 But demonstrates His love for us in this, while were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.

John 3:16 For God so love the world that he gave us his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but will have eternal life.


~~~xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment